"An artist is nothing without the gift....but the gift is nothing without work - Emile Zola"

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Art of Letting Go

It’s another break of day
And I can’t put my head to lay
Sleep has long abandoned me
And sorrow is my only company.

All I can think of is letting go
But my heart says no, that, I can’t do
I can’t bear to lose a friend
But I cannot control the end.

I’m trying so hard to push you away
But in my silence, I whispered, “Please stay.”
Tears rolled down each night and day
Please read through me, that’s all I pray.

I’m not supposed to feel this way
And just ignored what others say
Cause when I looked into your eyes
I know I’m taken to paradise.

I have seen you believe in me
You set my soul and spirit free
You woke me up and made me see
That I can be what I want to be.


But reality came and took its place
Dreaming ends, I’m lost in space
I told myself that I’ll be fine
That’s pure madness, you can’t be mine.

It breaks my heart to say goodbye
And see those eyes are about to cry.
But no matter how I hold the past
I know some good things just never last.

2 comments:

  1. before i wrote that, it's hope against hope..but now, it's more of i dreamed a dream..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks to all of you. how i wish you can comment in english so i dont have to ask my friend to translate it for me..anyway, im glad most of you liked my posts.

    ReplyDelete