"An artist is nothing without the gift....but the gift is nothing without work - Emile Zola"

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Clueless Angels ( For Derek, Bear and Tihina )

I’m on fire.

I’m still as twisted and awry as yesterday but the turn of events today somewhat elated me in a way that unlocked my sight to see the glimmering beacon in my very long and winding tunnel. There must be really someone watching over me, though I’m quite sure I don’t deserve that. He must have really loved me because I didn’t ask for help but still, it came. Or rather, they came.

I once read that angels are true and they are always with us. They usually don’t have wings and we call them friends. My angels are quite unique and bizarre, so to speak. They came from different parts of the world and speak diverse languages. In the midst of the pain and self-indulgence I allowed myself to sulk into the past few days, I overlooked and failed to notice the warmth and care hidden in every word they said however eccentric and peculiar, in every pat in the back, in every hug, in every smile, in every second they procrastinated watching me cry my eyes out until I looked like a crumpled newspaper, in every fuel they wasted just to come to support and listen to my senseless litany of misfortunes that goes around in circles.

And today, while writing this, I can’t help but utter a sincere gratitude to my father in heaven for not only sending me friends but providing me with class ‘A’ angels. They reminded me that I am never alone...that I need help sometimes...and this help was given unconditionally and out of love.

I’m on fire. I’m blazing with the radiance that’s emanating from within. I found luminosity that will carry me through my long and meandering tunnel. I am the beacon. Although I haven’t catch a glimpse of the end of it yet, I know the oil that keeps me burning will never run out because my father made sure I have angels to see me through.

The sun may shine at night or hell may freeze over but my angels are here to stay because God will never abandon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment