"An artist is nothing without the gift....but the gift is nothing without work - Emile Zola"

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Roller Coaster Ride

I know from the start it’s going nowhere
But the feeling’s so good when we’re together
Right or wrong, it doesn’t matter
Just wishing the moment would last forever.

But reality and truth are hard to handle
It will consume you like a burning candle
And question after question, time after time
Why can’t you stay and forever be mine??

Ticking of the clock, I hear as I weep
Finding the strength that you I can’t keep
Why you are so cavalier while I’m dying inside
What part of universe, a place I can hide?

Getting over you, I need some time alone
To bring back the pieces of my life on my own
I’ll never forget this hard-earned lesson
That taught me to stand in the midst of the storm.

I wanted to say we can still be friends
But by doing so, the pain will not end
So goodbye and thank you for being part of me
And I know this is the way it has to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment